Thursday, December 26, 2013

Style Inspirations: Kate Middleton OWNED CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL.

I actively avoid royal-following, because blech to the weird obsession our society has with royals and the famous etc, but I may have squealed when I saw the combination of this woman's coat and hat. KATE. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.


I mean. You guys.

Okay, enough drooling over photos. Here are some items inspired by the Duchess' totally ace holiday ensemble. I am still trying to locate the designers' information at this time for what she wore. (Edit: The coat is Alexander McQueen. Still don't know about the hat.)

Here are a coat and fascinator in vaguely comparable style to what she's wearing in the photos, if emulation is your thing:

Green fascinator by ancoraboutique
Green dress coat by Second Choice

You can throw on a scarf with the peacoat or trench you already have, if you prefer just a touch of plaid.

Black Watch tartan cashmere scarf by Seth Roberts - It's marked as menswear but seriously, it's a scarf. Let's go with it.
Perfectly Plaid scarf by Madewell
I went to Etsy to look at hats, because obviously, small-business designers are the way to go whenever possible!

Fascinator in 2 shades of green by ancoraboutique
Green beret with bow accent by TheMillineryShop
Miss Green beret by GreerMcDonaldHats
Bird on a Green hat by GreerMcDonaldHats
Green vintage pillbox hat from feevahat
Rejoice if you prefer a plaid dress:

Cricket Matchmaker dress by ModCloth
Green tartan 50's dress by Dorothy Perkins
You could also pair a black or navy skirt you already own with a classy jacket.

Truly covetable plaid jacket by Vivienne Westwood
Much-more-affordable plaid mix blazer by Asos
Classic Black Watch tartan plaid jacket from Talbots
I know, I know, I should probably be writing about Radiant Orchid or sequined New Years things right now. Also, I've got a lot of Think Kit posts to catch up on. But this was necessary, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment