Saturday, January 22, 2011

Notes In Purple

Brianna is in a few classes with me at VU, including costume construction and history of costume. She seemed genuinely SHOCKED when I asked to get some pictures of her outfit. Probably just because the ways the two of us dress are drastically different. But, just because I don't wear it doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. I loved her mixing of the tough, military feel of the jacket with the softer textures of her hat and scarf. The layering of socks is an inventive way to combat the cold of a Midwestern January day. Creative layering? Mixing of harmonious patterns, color tones, and varying textures? Yes, please!




A few quick notes: Sorry for slacking for a couple of days. I'm doing better at this whole consistency thing (See my past blogs if you need a reference point), but I'm not perfect yet. I presume that will come with time.

Also, CCS has leaned to the goth side a bit much lately. I find myself homesick for my goth friends in Indianapolis. (And I get to see them tonight, whee!) But variety is the spice of life, and I remain committed to reflecting that here, through celebrations of a wide spectrum of individual styles in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment