Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Pic: Audrey in a skeezy bathroom

So, I spent the weekend indoors, sneezing my head off and reading Life Magazine's biography on Audrey Hepburn. My friend Nicole did talk me into going out for a few hours on Friday to the local karaoke bar, where I knocked back a Woodchuck and like 3 enormous glasses of water, somehow nailed Bohemian Rhapsody on karaoke even though this is one hellacious cold, and then called it a night.

Of course I had to dress a little like my muse for the evening:


I thrifted everything but the pants/leggings/whatever, which are Simply Vera from Kohl's, and the pearls, which were a gift from my step-grandma. I'm far from a dead ringer, especially given that I'm 5 inches shorter than Audrey and outweigh her by a good 30 pounds, but this was a fun and comfortable outfit that felt somewhat classy. In other words, completely at home in a hipster bar, not so much in a dive.

Side note: I think I want to buy some clip-on bangs, because styling the real deal is SUCH a pain in the neck. But I have quite the five-head, and sometimes I get tired of looking at it. How do y'all feel about these?

No comments:

Post a Comment