Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The little couple that rocks hardcore.

You're totally jealous that these are my grandparents.



Meet my stepdad's parents, Walter and Estelyn. Try not to pine too hard over that red coat. Yes, this lovely lady is my second-biggest bargain hunting muse. (First place, of course, goes to Mom.)

This is another set I got at my brother's wedding. I say this is one of the loveliest couples I've ever had the privilege to know in person. They're coming up on their 69th wedding anniversary, and still look as adorable and happy together as they do in their wedding photo. (Now THERE'S a vintage fashion shot to show off, if I could get a scan.) Given their own successful marriage, the DJ at Alex and Jessica's reception handed them the microphone and asked them to impart their best advice to the new family, on how to make a marriage last.

Estelyn's words: It's not always easy, but just hang in there.

Walter's words: Always say, "Yes, dear!"


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love seeing elderly couples. Her red coat is awesome too!

    www.simple-subtle-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments. She always looks fantastic, and they're both every bit as sweet and vivacious as they look. They're like, 90 going on 60.

    ReplyDelete